Looking forward to these Marina di Chioggia squash! This bumpy green venetian pumpkin is sweet, silky & dense. It is really good baked and in pies and can also be made into tasty gnocchi and ravioli. Enjoy!
Amazing recipes for winter squash and everything else in your share are available to members at Cook With What You Have. If you joined our Winter CSA you will find your password in the member email. Enjoy 24/7 access to recipe inspiration!
This week your share may include…
- Brussel Sprouts: These stalk are short, but the sprouts are still tasty and good. Roast them under the broiler or boil them up with some gnocchi & pesto in this One Pot Wonder.
- Savoy Cabbage: Nice little heads.
- Carrots: What could be better than sweet winter carrots : )
- Collard Greens: Got to love those winter greens!
- King of the Early Beans: This borlotti type bean is good in soup. Try it in ribolitta.
- Leeks: Lovely winter leeks. This is perfect weather for a potato leek soup or a leek galette.
- Yellow Potatoes: Yum!
- Marina di Chioggia Squash: Check out this interesting article about Italian squash. Or try any of these recipes for roasted winter squash.
Coming soon… tuscan kale raab!