You can download Recipe Packet for this week’s share HERE. In it you’ll find ideas, tips & recipes from all over the world!
This week your share may include…
- Cilantro: Happy little bunches are perfect for salsa and also a nice addition to Thai food.
- Cucumbers: The green slicer is Diva and she lives up to her name! There may also be a few Lemon cukes in the mix too.
- Dill: Nice bunches of fresh dill! You can use this for canning if you want too, but since it’s only leaves – no flowers or seeds – it makes a great addition to sauces & salads. Check the recipe packet for ideas.
- Garlic: We brought up this season’s garlic harvest last month and finished drying it in the barn. The yields look good so far, thought we have quite a bit of processing & sizing still left to do. The seed for the variety in your share this week originally came from our friends at Persephone Farm. The true variety name is long since lost, so we just call it Persephone in honor of them.
- Kale: This green curly kale is just bursting with goodness! As many of you know my favorite thing kale recipe is this salad. It also makes great kale chips.
- Napa Cabbage: Napa, or Chinese Cabbage as it is sometimes known, is sweet, crunchy & mild. It is traditionally used for kimchi, and there’s info about that in your recipe packet. You can also use it in stir fry, spring rolls, or substitute Napa for regular cabbage in your favorite slaw recipe.
- Peppers: Spicy little jalapeno’s will add a nice bit of heat to salsas or sauces.
- Potatoes: We have my favorite fingerlings this week – Austrian Crescent. These are a nice sweet waxy potato well suited for everything from roasting to potato salad.
- Radish: Daikon are a long white relatively mild radish. Definitely use it in kimchi if you make that recipe from your packet. Or try this simple salad with some cilantro sprinkled on top.
- Tomatoes: The bountiful tomato harvest continues… there are loads of Heirloom & Slicing tomatoes this week.